Welcome to Diego Silang Movement

A call to amend RA 9262 otherwise known as Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004, and a call for the government to come up with a better law providing EQUAL PROTECTION for all.

Domestic Violence is not a gender issue. It happens to all. Let's help stop Domestic Violence now!

We need your help too!

Options for battered husbands

Atty. Katrina Legarda once wrote in one of her articles (full story) with ABS-CBN news presenting the letter from a certain 'battered husband' to file for her marriage to be declared void due to pyschological incapacity. Here's the catch, you need to prepare hundreds of thousands of pesos for this.

Here's what you need and how much;

Psychologist/Psychiatrist (one with a doctorate degree in clinical psychology) - to conduct battery of tests on you and your wife to determine your personalities. Cost is around P40 000- P60 000.

Family Lawyer - to represent you. Cost is dependent on how good lawyer is, which may be around P150 000 - P 250 000, for acceptance fee alone. This is not inclusive of appearance fee, retainer, and others. Well, there's always PAO(Public Attorney's Office) but take note that they have the right to deny your case as they more cases on priority list.

Social Worker - to conduct surveys or to back up the doctor's claim. Last time I heard from a family lawyer, some courts require social worker to check on your wife's lifestyle or whatever. I don't exactly know for what specific reason. Cost is around P 10 000 - P 20 000.

For those who can't afford, don't lose hope. With this so called 'movement' I'm trying to come up in this blog prosper, hopefully we can get some lawyers or even doctors to help us out. For those interested email me at yolak69@gmail.com and join our cause.


Post a Comment