Welcome to Diego Silang Movement

A call to amend RA 9262 otherwise known as Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004, and a call for the government to come up with a better law providing EQUAL PROTECTION for all.

Domestic Violence is not a gender issue. It happens to all. Let's help stop Domestic Violence now!

We need your help too!






A call to amend RA 9262

What's with our lawmakers today? My point is simple, this law should be amended right away. I leave it for our lawyers to discuss this further, but simple logic would say that this is unconstitutional and is now depriving thousands of Filipino males their inherent right to be protected by our laws equally. And to quote;

“No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, nor shall any person be denied the equal protection of the laws.”

(Article III, Section 1, Constitution)
Yes, I'm a victim of this law, and now I'm living alone, my family ruined. I'm giving P16 000 for my 3 year old kid which I'm prohibited to go out with. While I can visit her anytime, we can't get to go to church, nor shop. Now, they ask, am I still a father? I don't know anymore, as she might mistook me now for just another visitor. I'm stripped of my fatherhood.
There's a lot more of this happening all around, but culture and their huge ego is preventing them to come out and defend themselves. Now I'm calling you all out to join this cause. Post your experiences and let us come together and act as one to have this law repealed.

1 comments:

Unknown said...
February 27, 2015 at 4:34 AM

Good Afternoon! I am Alvin Alcantara, a third year student from UP Baguio. I am planning to study Husband Battering in the Philippines as my undergraduate thesis. Regarding this one, I am asking for your help in order for me to finish my study successfully. Helps like testimonies regarding experiences of a battered husband would be a great study. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance.

Post a Comment