Welcome to Diego Silang Movement

A call to amend RA 9262 otherwise known as Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004, and a call for the government to come up with a better law providing EQUAL PROTECTION for all.

Domestic Violence is not a gender issue. It happens to all. Let's help stop Domestic Violence now!

We need your help too!

Kinds of Abuse as defined under RA 9262 and who it protects.

Republic Act 9262 or the Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act of 2004 covers act or a series of acts committed by any person which result in or is likely to result in physical, sexual, psychological harm or suffering, or economic abuse including threats of such acts, battery, assault, coercion, harrasment or arbitrary deprivation of liberty. Now let's define each within the scope of RA 9262.

  • Physical Violence (RA 9262 3A)- refers to acts that include bodily or physical harm. (Pananakit sa katawan, pambubugbog)
  • Sexual Violence (RA 9262 3B) - refers to an act which is sexual in nature, committed against a woman or her child. It includes, but is not limited to:
  1. Rape, sexual harassment, acts of lasciviousness, treating a woman or her child as a sex object, making demeaning and sexually suggestive remarks, physically attacking the sexual parts of the victim’s body, forcing her/him to watch obscene publications and indecent shows or forcing the woman or her child to do indecent acts and/or make films thereof, forcing the wife and mistress/lover to live in the conjugal home or sleep together in the same room with the abuser.
  2. Acts causing or attempting to cause the victim to engage in any sexual activity by force, threat of force, physical or other harm or threat of physical or other harm or coercion.
  3. Prostituting the woman or child.
  • Psychological Violence (RA 9262 Sec 3C) - refers to acts or omissions causing or likely to cause mental or emotional suffering of the victim such as but not limited to intimidation, harassment, stalking, damage to property, public ridicule or humiliation, repeated verbal abuse and mental infidelity. It includes causing or allowing the victim to witness the physical, sexual or psychological abuse of a member of the family to which the victim belongs, or to witness pornography in any form or to witness abusive injury to pets or to unlawful or unwanted deprivation of the right to custody and/or visitation of common children.
  • Economic Abuse (RA 9262 Sec 3D) - refers to acts that make or attempt to make a woman financially dependent which includes, but is not limited to the following;
  1. Withdrawal of financial support or preventing the victim from engaging in any legitimate profession, occupation, business or activity, except in cases wherein the other spouse/partner objects on valid, serious and moral grounds as defined in Article 73 of the Family Code.
  2. Deprivation or threat of deprivation of financial resources and the right to the use and enjoyment of the conjugal, community or property owned in common.
  3. Destroying household property.
  4. Controlling the victims’ own money or properties or solely controlling the conjugal money or properties.

Coverage or who this law protects;

Per Section 3 of RA 9262, this law protects your;

  • Wife
  • Former wife
  • Girlfriend or Mistress (with established sexual or dating relationship)
  • Child or children (legitimate or illegitimate)


Capricorn011988 said...
November 21, 2017 at 4:53 PM

My husband is super mama's boy. We live in their house with his mom. He doesn't have job ever since we got married, so I'm the one working and providing for our two children's needs. He and his mom are really close. He doesn't talk to me as often as he does to his mom. They are almost always together. I was trying to pretend like everything is okay and trying to ignore this but now I realized how it affects me so much. When I am approaching they will stop what they are talking about, I feel like they talk about me or keeping something from me. They see me negatively and the feeling is mutual. So, in other words I feel so alone inside the house. They are both against me. I am not the person who can be controlled easily and that's probably why. I don't talk to my parents about our issues because I don't want them to worry about me. My husband often throws me bad words and threatens me whenever we argue. I felt like I'm abused psychologically. Is this a kind of psychological abuse that"s covered by RA 9262? Can I also make financial abuse as a ground for filing this case?

Lay said...
April 21, 2018 at 4:57 AM

Hello atty. Good morning. I just want to ask po. Can i file a case against my ex-boyfriend whom i had a sexual relationship on the ground of sexual abuse? Kasi the 1st time na may nangyari samin it was against my will, he forced me by grabbing both my hands tightly and succeeded in getting what he wants. Everytime nya po ako ginagamit and he promised to marry me. Evrytime may nangyayari samin i feel.so harassed kasi ayaw ko talaga makipagtalik pero wla po ako magawa. I felt hesitant to file a case kasi baka ano sabihin sakin ng mga tao and wla din po akong pera. Hiwalay na po kmi kasi iniwan nya na po ako at hindi na lang basta kinontak kasi lately i refused to have s*x with him. Sobrang emotionally unstable po ako ngayon and nasasaktan.

Post a Comment